Commercial insurance – sales support
this position has now been filled
If you live and breathe cycling, we need to talk. We are looking for a flexible and versatile person to become a member of our team, who we will train to help with the growth of our specialist business insurance department.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A drive to acquire a varied and detailed knowledge of commercial insurance products (retail packages, commercial combined, event organisers and tour operators insurance)
- A passion to help shape a growing business
- Driven and incentivised by targets
- An interest in cycling
- A great communicator, able to simplify and explain complex ideas
You are going to be busy and very much in the ‘firing-line’ for a range of sales support task. You will be reporting into the Business Development Manager who will want you to meet the department’s targets and wider strategic objectives.
You will almost certainly be reviewing and absorbing a lot of new information. You will be speaking to customers on the phone and possibly attending industry events. Meeting and mingling with new people should not pose a problem.
After a period of training, you will be responsible for contributing to the sales for our new start-up department Yellow Jersey Business. Eventually you should want to lead a team and earn additional responsibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity which will help shape the department’s future.
- Handling incoming and outbound calls
- Dealing with mid-term adjustments, renewals and new business
- Managing and growing the pipeline within our CRM system
- Providing valuable advice to clients and prospects
- Liaise with admin support
- Liaise with insurers and clients pre and post-sale of new or renewal business
- Check covers, warranties, endorsements to ensure that they are correct and in line with quotations provided
- Handle calls of a technical nature from insurers and clients
- Report into the Business Development Manager and assist in wider projects.
what Key Skills will you gain:
- Commercial insurance experience
- Support in achieving Cert CII qualification (preferable, not essential)
- Effective negotiations skills
- The ability to form and cultivate valuable insurer and client relationships
Yellow Jersey is a part of the Plan Group, a progressive insurance brokerage with an expertise in insuring things with wheels. We have a track record of establishing niche markets and are always looking toward the next idea. We are willing to invest in you, any ideas you may have and then share the potential rewards.
We are positive, passionate, and above all else, we enjoy hitting our objectives. We operate a meritocracy; committed employees are fast tracked and rewarded. Senior board directors are approachable and entrepreneurial. In this family business you will gain experience and responsibility you otherwise would have to wait a long time for in a larger corporate environment.
If you’re interested, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.