Commercial Account Manager
If you live and breathe commercial insurance, we need to talk. We are looking for a flexible and versatile account manager who will be responsible for the growth of our business department.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A varied and detailed knowledge of commercial insurance products (Retail packages, commercial combined, event organisers and tour operators)
- The passion to help shape a growing business
- Driven and incentivised by targets
- A working knowledge of cycling as a sport and an industry
- Insuring a wide variety of businesses does not phase you
- You love sales, networking and closing deals.
Change is not a scary word to you. You thrive in organisations that constantly adapt and evolve. You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects.
You are going to be busy and very much in the ‘asking-line’ for a range of questions from your admin support team. You will be responsible for hitting monthly income targets and reporting into the Business Development Manager who will want you to meet the department’s targets and wider strategic objectives.
Developing new markets is an important part of the role; you will almost certainly be reviewing and absorbing a lot of research and market analysis. It can be a highly stressful job, so much depends on keeping up with new tech and striving to improve processes.
You will be speaking to customers on the phone, attending networking and other industry events. Meeting and mingling with new people should not pose a problem.
You will be responsible for all the sales for our new start-up department which is aiming to write £1m GWP with 3 account executives within 3 years. Eventually you should want to lead a team and earn additional responsibility.
This is an opportunity to shape the department’s future. You will help define our commercial insurance brand positioning and build a strategic roadmap for the future.
- Handling incoming and outbound calls
- Dealing with mid-term adjustments, renewals and new business
- Managing and growing the pipeline within our CRM system
- Providing valuable advice to clients and prospects
- Manage and liaise with admin support
- Liaise with insurers and clients pre and post-sales of new or renewal business
- Provide technical support to the admin team and assist in the professional development of less experienced team members
- Check covers, warranties, endorsements to ensure that they are correct and in line with quotations provided
- Handle calls of a technical nature from insurers and clients
- Report into the Business Development Manager and assist in wider projects.
- Minimum 3 years’ commercial insurance experience
- Cert CII qualified (preferable, not essential)
- Effective negotiations skills
- The ability to form and cultivate valuable insurer and client relationships
- Have an in-depth and current technical knowledge of the following insurances:
- SME package business
- Commercial combined
- PI & D&O
- Tour operators and events.
Yellow Jersey is a part of the Plan Group, a progressive insurance brokerage with an expertise in insuring things with wheels. We have a track record of establishing niche markets and are always looking toward the next idea. We are willing to invest in you, any ideas you may have and then share the potential rewards.
We are positive, passionate, and above all else, we enjoy hitting our objectives. We operate a meritocracy; committed employees are fast tracked and rewarded. Senior board directors are approachable and entrepreneurial. In this family business you will gain experience and responsibility you otherwise would have to wait a long time for in a larger corporate environment.
If you’re interested, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.